Saturday, June 10, 2006

an apron ... for me



My first attempt at an apron without a pattern (I need patterns!). Sewn from thrifted sheets and pillowcases, adorned with a vintage button. Sewn pocket on an angle similar to these cute pockets. (I know the apron looks wide, but remember, I am 6 months pregnant! It fits me now!!!)

Tips: The bottom hem of the apron was the bottom hem of the sheet (one less thing to press and sew!). Also, the tie was made from the top hem of the sheet. I folded it in half, pressed it, and then tucked in the one raw edge. It's a great thickness and one less thing to measure and cut out.

2 comments:

lindiepindie said...

I'm all for shortcuts! I like the apron and the pocket - nice work, and it sure doesn't look like it came from a sheet!

Amanda said...

Don't you just love vintage sheets! They are such a great source of fabric. Great apron!