Friday, December 01, 2006
Little cloth baby shoes from this free pattern. They are lined with soft, baby-blue flannel. The pattern calls for bonded fleece/suede. I bought some, but it was funky red with black paisley. I couldn't find any fabric to 'match' it from my stash, so I used the polka dots for the bottom and the flannel for the sole lining. Embellished with a baby blue button. (Uses very little fabric.)
Note: If not using the bonded fleece, put sole and sole lining wrong sides together. When pinning (and sewing) the sole lining will be down and the "outer" sole will be face up (right side up). And I used interfacing on all pieces.
Two sets of flannel/chenille bibs and burpcloths. The zebras for my cousin's new baby (with a personalized, flannel receiving blanket) and the cowboys for my new baby. The bibs are from Simplicity 5374. It was in the package with the dress pattern I made for Spenser last year. Fastened with a snap.
Friday, November 03, 2006
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Friday, September 29, 2006
Another bunting (banner/flag) to announce the arrival of our new baby. It was made to be hung outdoors, but in spite of recent, national baby-nappings and other tragedies, we decided to hang it in our house.
Posted by lera at 9:23 AM
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Monday, September 11, 2006
A baby "bunting" or banner for a boy baby. Each triangle measures approximately 8" x 10.5" (finished size), with approximately a 3" space between each. Strung with double-fold bias tape. Backed with heavy, white drapery backing. No interfacing necessary.
Posted by lera at 9:43 PM
Made from this pattern. Sewn from wool felt (robin's egg blue and navy). The light blue booties have embroidered sailboats. The navy booties have light blue "x's." Both have hand blanket-stitch detail at the top. Both are size 0-3 months and are tiny, tiny, tiny.
Posted by lera at 9:21 PM
Monday, August 28, 2006
Small, green and felted. That describes this little clutch. It's fairly small except the large flower on the top. (Maybe a little too large?) I used this free pattern. (This was my first attempt at felting and "sewing" together a crocheted project.) The finished bag is approximately 4" x 6.25".
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Two more wee bibs for my wee babe (due in less than 5 weeks). Crocheted from this free pattern. Both have a vintage button closure.
Posted by lera at 5:47 PM
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Saturday, August 05, 2006
Crocheted (not sewn) from this free, vintage pattern. However, I did have to sew the ribbon in place. Used vintage button for closure.
Posted by lera at 6:51 AM
Friday, July 28, 2006
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
A purse organizer using the basics from this tutorial and a matching tissue pouch. Sewn from fabric, sandwiched with a layer of heavy interfacing for sturdiness. The overall finished dimensions of the organizer are approximately: 25" long, 4" back piece, and 3" front piece (which was actually just one piece folded over). I chose not to use a coordinating fabric. This was a gift.
Posted by lera at 4:24 PM
Thursday, July 20, 2006
Posted by lera at 5:09 PM